- After adding your favorite detergent, measure the amount of fabric conditioner for the size of your load.
- Add a capful of Downy into your washing machine's dispenser drawer or directly into its agitator.
Protect your clothes from the damage of washing
How do I use Downy Nature Blends in the wash?
- Simply add Downy Nature Blends to your fabric softener drawer. For top-loaders, you can also add directly to your washer drum during the rinse cycle, or use the Downy Ball if you don't feel like waiting around for the rinse to begin.
How is this product different than regular Downy?
- Downy Nature Blends conditions fibers with a plant based formula and a touch of coconut oil to be gentle on skin with a light fresh scent.
Why is it only 70% plant-based/bio-based?
- USDA seal certifies the renewable bio-based content. While all of the conditioning active is derived from plant sources, only 70% of the overall product is active ingredient. The remaining 30% of the formula are safe and effective ingredients necessary to produce a stable plant based formula. We strive to make the formula more renewable as more of these ingredients are available in plant based versions. There are certain ingredients like water which are necessary to blend the formula and are not considered plant based, and would be considered in the remaining 30%.
If this is plant-based, what is in regular Downy?
- Downy Liquid Fabric Conditioner is made with a mixture of natural and synthetic conditioners. Downy Nature Blends uses only plant-based conditioning ingredients and is certified USDA bio-based.
Is this similar to the Naturals line from a few years ago?
- No, this is an entirely different, new product. Downy Nature Blends is a 70% plant-based formula designed to deliver Downy conditioning with the power of plants.
Do I need to use detergent with Downy Nature Blends?
- Yes, for best results, use WITH detergent. Downy Nature Blends is a fabric conditioner that will provide your clothing with scent, softness, static reduction, and protection from the laundry damage of stretching, fading, and fuzz.